Workshops with Jill Davis
Jill has lectured extensively and done workshops on the topics below, and she is delighted to create new workshops and talks to fit the needs of your group.
- Child'Space: Child’Space teaches parents and caregivers how to support their babies
developmental stages through constructive play, movement and touch. See Jill's Seminars page.
- Parenting in the 21st Century: Never before in the history of parenting have children been exposed to so much unfiltered information. Children are exposed to violence on TV, violence from news reports, and violence on the internet to give a few examples. It’s impossible for parents to filter out all information going to their children. So this program addresses how parents in the 21st Century can best handle these situations and raise children who will listen to their parents and communicate with their parents.
- Taming Your Toddler: Taming Your Toddler is a parenting program for parents of toddlers or soon to be parents of toddlers. The topics covered in this workshop are: discipline, temper tantrums, “meltdowns”, eating, sleep, bedtime, playfulness, temperaments, teamwork and toilet training.
Jill Davis uses examples, humor and kindness to teach parents skills needed to cope better with their toddler.
Offered through North Scottsdale Pediatric Association in 2010.
Dates: March 6, April 10, May 8. Time: 10am-11:30am.
Download Taming Your Toddler flyer for more information, or contact Jill.
- Adolescents: This workshop focuses on:
- Teaching parents techniques that work effectively with adolescents.
- Teaching parents communication skills so their adolescent will listen to their parents.
- How to talk effectively about various topics such as sex, drugs, homework, curfews, etc.
- What are acceptable and unacceptable adolescent behaviors?
- How to intervene and when to let your adolescent do their thing.
- How to be a proactive not reactive parent.
Schools are putting more pressure on middle and high school students to pass standard tests. The results of all these demands plus the regular demands of growing up add more stresses experienced by students. The stresses are experienced at younger ages. Jill has designed a program to teach students how to recognize their stress and how to cope effectively with the stressors. Jill offers many useful techniques for students to learn and use in their daily lives. These techniques work and students feel better, have more successes in school and in their lives and sleep better. The two workshops below: How to Cope with Stresses in Middle School and How to Cope with Stress in High School are needed today for all students.
- How to Cope with Stresses in Middle School
- How to Cope with Stress in High School
- How to Put Stress Reduction Techniques into Your Busy Life. This workshop was designed for the working parent and professional who has little time to attend a class and or has little free time.
- Mediation/Breathing Techniques: This workshop focuses more on breathing techniques and teaching people to mediate. Many different styles of mediation are presented to so parents can best identify what type of mediation works best for them.
- Gentle Movements to Reduce Stress & Stay Healthy: This workshop focuses on Jill’s training as a yoga instructor and Feldenkrais Practitioner: Awareness Through Movement Teacher. This is an experiential workshop where people do gentle movements on the floor or on chairs to soft relaxing music.
Social Skills Development
Doing effective interactive exercises to teach better communication skills so children and adolescents learn how to relate to their peers, teachers, parents and others in a more productive way.